TURLOCK, Calif. — A Turlock firefighter was both burned and bitten by a dog while battling a grass fire.
According to a press release from the Turlock Fire Department, a grass fire was reported around 3 p.m. Tuesday, May 18, along the 1200 block of Fifth Street, near a home.
While there was nobody in the home, three dogs were found inside and removed. While rescuing one of the dogs, a firefighter was bitten. That same firefighter also sustained "a first-degree thermal burn due to radiant heat."
Continue Reading on abc10